Saturday, May 1, 2010

French Toast

I was rudely awoken by a text message at 8:37 this Saturday morning. Seriously so early after an uncharacteristically late night, but the first thing I thought of once I got past being angry was... FRENCH TOAST.

I moseyed downstairs and started to whip some up. Bad news. Turns out the milk was bad. I either had to abandon my desire or get creative. I, being my mother's daughter (yes, creative, but mostly wanting to avoid a last minute trip to the grocery store at all costs), chose the creative route and opted to replace the milk with ReddiWhip. AH HAH! Yes, folks, that's whipped cream. My rationale? "Cream is milk, right? Even if it is fatty, processed, sugary-goodness-in-a-can that stays good for years?"

Jessica's Not So French Toast

Eggs
Two good squirts of ReddiWhip (one into the eggs, the other directly into my mouth)
A little water
Some wheat bread (to make it "healthy")
And voila!

I should write a cook book. People would eat this stuff up.

Jokes.

1 comment: