Friday, April 30, 2010

Newport Beach at Night

Newport Beach has held a special place in my little heart since my lovely Aunt Paula and my Gram took me there after 9th Grade Promotion. I have been back many times and love it more each visit. The Crab Cooker. Beach Cruising. Sharkeez. Ice Cream. Toddland. Balboa Bars. Yacht Shopping. Ruby's on the Pier. What's not to love right!?

Until tonight I had never been there at nighttime. Who knew that there was an entirely different feeling to it all? Just more to love.

Went on a little date tonight. We ate at Shabu-Shabu in Costa Mesa. This place was amazing. You actually cook your own food. Kind of the Asian version of Fondue. Then we headed out to Balboa Island to meet up with some friends that live there in their Grandparent's extra apartment. (Lucky little suckers.) I held an Emmy Award. His Grandpa has two hanging out on the shelf. Kinda cool. The four of us beach cruised the streets, boardwalk, harbor, and pier in search of some dessert. It was too late, so no such luck. It was so cold by that time that I could not feel my fingers, so naturally we got some blankets and headed out to the even colder beach. Said farewell to the friends. Found a cell phone in the sand. Answered a call from its owner. Saved the day. Laid out one blanket. Cuddled (more like huddled) under another and added to my "California Firsts" list with a little kissing on the beach.

In summation... I love Newport Beach. :)

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're creative like your Mom on the French toast. Glad you're dating, but don't find a husband that wants to settle down in California--we need you here. Love your up dates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is rough, isn't it? Love all the updates and details.

    p.s. I love Shabu Shabu. I was introduced to it in Korea and have heard there's a similar restaurant in Park City. Maybe when you're home from dream world we can have a cousins outing there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYAY! I like the end of the story :)

    ReplyDelete