Sunday, April 18, 2010

Super Marathon Saturday Parts 1 & 2

The past two Saturdays have been non-stop, action packed, no time for myself Saturdays. This is not a complaint, but it is hard work to be having this much fun. :)

Part One

Last Saturday Randall was here and we "recreated" (as in recreation) the snot out of the day. Started the morning off with tennis, then played some one-on-one basketball, made some delish breakfast burritos, headed to the beach, played some frisbee, learned how to skimboard, then passed out on our towels. While napping on the beach I was told by my date for the evening that our reservation was at 7:00 up in Costa Mesa (an hours drive away), so the hustling started up again. Stopped at Beach City to grab a quick smoothie, got ready in record time, and left Randall (my current date) at my house to go meet up with Jared (my date for the evening).

[Yeah the dates ran into each other! Hahaha! Next week I shall fill you in on the chaos that is my dating life.]


I met up with Jared in Mission Viejo and we went to Mastro's for dinner. No big deal. His buddy from high school was our waiter and is the restaurant's Sommelier. As such, he knew that Jared is Mormon, so he rummaged through the gazillion bottles of wine they have in the restaurant (please check out the picture gallery for their Costa Mesa location) and produced the one and only bottle of Martinelli's in the place. When the bottle was presented to us, with that information, our neighbors to the right offered to pay double what we were for the bottle. It was funny. They then asked us what we were celebrating... My response? "He just made his first million." That shut them up. Then I said, "Actually we are celebrating our two week anniversary. We met two weeks ago today." Pretty sure they thought we were crazy, but we weren't the ones that started yelling at each other during dinner. Moving on. Our waiter took it to the next level and after our incredible meal brought us out the most magnificent cake I have ever eaten and had the kitchen write "Happy Anniversary" around it. Outstanding.

After dinner we drove down to The Ritz Carlton in Laguna, nearly crashed an Asian wedding (decided against it due to the fact that we would stick out like a sore thumb), then snuck into the paradisaical pool and hot tub. Still having an hour-long drive ahead of me we ended the night fairly early.

When I got home I had a little package waiting for me, which was MarioKart for my Super Nintendo that I bought on ebay, so naturally I had to make sure the it worked and may have stayed up until 2 am playing it all by myself. All of this, plus the previous two days of working 6 hours in direct sunshine, resulted in my sleeping in until 2 pm the next day. A feat that is unheard of for moi, someone who is tickled with a 9:30 am sleep in.


Part Two

Yesterday started early with a trip to Costco to pick up a birthday cake on my way to work. It was Avery's 1st birthday, so they had me working to help out with her party. (That is the birthday girl to the left. I thought this moment was priceless.) I made about 40 PB&Js all cut out with cookie cutters for a cute shape (note to self... simple triangles will suffice in my future. no need to over complicate life and be wasteful with flower shapes.) I played with the kids in the huge "jumpy" for like three hours and looked like hell (explaining the absence of any further pictures) when I finally left.

No time to go home and make myself decent so I just cruised down to San Diego to go to a Padres game with a bunch of people. The highlights... I parked right by the world's largest homeless shelter/population, I gave my number to two guys, I somehow ended up in a suite behind home plate eating the most phenomenal chicken fingers of my life, my buddy that is 6'8" 300lbs walked to me my car in order to prevent me from being whisked away in a homeless man's shopping kart, met up with Stefan in the Old Town for drinks and dessert, the flan was like heaven, and I hit it off with his friend that is a girl in talking about her wedding. Pretty sure that the boys were completely ignored for about 45 minutes. It was hilarious and my desire to pursue wedding anything as a career was rekindled.

Just typing about my last two Saturdays has exhausted me. Alas, no Sunday nap for me. I'm off to the next social event...

2 comments:

  1. You are going 1,000 miles a minute Jessica! Your life sounds so adventurous and fun filled! LIVE IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful--all that good eating will make you fat(which I think is impossible for you to do)
    No wonder Lacy is anxious to go down there to join your eating and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete