Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A brief history.

Back in October I enlisted my friend Caitlin to find me a man. There were a few fruitless set-ups, when she decided to go with her gut and set me up with her first choice even though he was in Texas. (She served her mission in San Antonio and John was the Ward Mission Leader in one of her areas.)

From the first time John called me I fell madly in love with his voice. Seriously, it's a good voice. Real manly, very articulate, with just the slightest Texas drawl. We spoke every few days for a couple of weeks and then I decided to fly down and meet the person that was attached to "the voice".

He was so handsome as he pulled up, stepped out of his truck, and gave me a big hug. I had affectionately nicknamed him "Texas" to my family, so when I got there we did quintessential Texas things. Got some Texas BBQ, drove out to see some Longhorns, stopped at a dance hall, and then started a Lord of The Rings marathon. :) We never once stopped talking and it was rather obvious that this was going to be one of those effortless relationships.

My plan was to only be there a day and I was NOT going to kiss him, but apparently he had different plans. He made the move and then asked me to stay another day. That was the moment I fell hard.

So, from the second week of November until I moved down to San Antonio in May I flew down there every week to be with him, sometimes only having four hours to spend with him after having a 7 hour round trip commute. All the lost sleep has been totally worth it.

The best part is that it just keeps getting better and better.

2 comments: